Registration is open for the 2021 Farmers National Bank Greatest Golfer
This is the 12th year for our signature event: A 54-hole test of competition and camaraderie.
Some things to know about the 2021 course assignment process:
Greatest sold out in 2020 at 300 players with 20 people left on the waiting list. With that in mind and with an interest in showcasing this event to a more regional audience, we have added a third course to Friday and a fifth course to Saturday: we are thrilled to welcome The Links at Firestone Farms and Reserve Run to this year’s lineup! These courses are among the Valley’s most well-maintained and serviced operations on and off the course, and ownership has been immense promoters of Greatest for a decade. They are among the leaders in public-private operations that are able to create country-club level conditions.
Course additions are key at this time, as Greatest aims to expand over the next few years into a regional golf destination event. Adding new courses is key to that goal. In assigning our 12 divisions to these courses, we take into account:
– The tradition of rotating our courses so that players see a new course every year. Every course in our lineup seeks to host all players, and especially the Open players.
– Course difficulty for our competitors. Players tell us Greatest is a different level of golf from the weekday league and weekend money game: 6,500 yards feels like 10,000; fairways become chutes; greens are slick pin dots. This course lineup reflects a balancing of golf experiences to make the best setting possible for competition and camaraderie.
– The numbers in each division last year and the likelihood of them staying at that level.
Division size can be fickle and our course lineup may have to adjust to any sizeable fluctuation in signups.
Remember, Sunday’s August 15th final round will be contested at The Lake Club, with the Sunday Restart format in play for all but the Open Division contestants (whose scores are 54-hole cumulative stroke play). All players playing on Sunday have a shot to win Greatest, because they start Sunday at -2, -1, or even par based on their 36-hole score and division size.
So with that, The Greatest Golfer is pleased to announce its 2021 courses roster by gender/age/handicap:
RD1: FRIDAY AUG 13
(Note: Men’s 7-9 and 10-12 divisions will be split between morning and afternoon waves.)
Mill Creek North
8 a.m.: Mens 10-12, 13-15
1 p.m.: Ladies, Mens Open, Men’s 10-12
Mill Creek South
8 a.m.: Mens 7-9, Mens 3-6
1 p.m.: Men’s 7-9, Seniors, Sen 7-11, Sen 12+, Legends
Tee Times TBD: Men 16-19, Men 20-24
RD2: SATURDAY AUG 14
(First tee time at all courses approximately 10 a.m.)
Tippecanoe CC – Senior Open, Senior 7-11, Senior 13+, Ladies
Youngstown CC – Men 7-9, Legends open, Legends 8+
Avalon Lakes CC – Mens Open, Mens 3-6
Trumbull CC – Mens 10-12, Men 20-24
FINALS: SUNDAY, AUG 15
• Applies to all divisions but the Open Divisions.
• Finalists, based on their 36-hole finish, will play an 18-hole shootout and re-start Sunday at -2, -1, or even based on their division size and Saturday finish.
• All players playing Sunday have a shot at Greatest with our Sunday Restart format.
• Leaders after Saturday’s 36th hole will be awarded $100 for winning the qualifier round.
• Open Divisions will continue to play a 54-hole cumulative.
It’s now “Greatest” for everyone
Farmers National Greatest Golfer is a destination tournament. Wherever you’re from in Ohio, Pennsylvania and the U.S.: Come enjoy the best amateur tourney in the Great Lakes.
We add 2 divisions and 2 courses
We have added 16-19 hcap Men and 20-24 Men hcap divisions.
Select divisions will play at Reserve Run as part of Friday Day 1, and Links at Firestone Farms on Day 2.