Registration is OPEN for the 13th Annual Farmers National Bank Greatest Golfer 54-hole championship that will take place Aug. 12-14 at 7 of the Valley’s premier private and public golf courses.
More than $20,000 in prizes and gifts are at hand. Last year’s event drew 350 competitors coming from a record 60 golf courses around Ohio and 5 other states across America.
The registration page can be found by clicking here. Full rules are on the registration page and site.
A discounted price of $159 is offered until July 1. The full price of $169 kicks in. Registrations after July 25 will be $179.
Growing to a field of 380 players and a new division and play format highlight Year 13.
Among the bragging points:
- We are pleased to welcome golfing great Annika Sorenstam to our lineup as she promotes her awesome new drink Fizzy Beez on championship week.
- We’re adding a Men’s Net Division as we look to find a safe competitive place for newer competitors with a personal handicap that’s not from a competitive structure.
- The Sweeney First Swing opens play Friday, Aug. 12 at Mill Creek Golf Course — a 36-hole Donald Ross layout that has been Greatest’s home all 13 years. We are also adding Friday play at Squaw Creek Avalon this year.
- We show you are privates on Saturday with play at Tippecanoe, Youngstown and Trumbull country clubs and Avalon Lakes. (Pssst – Friday’s Squaw players will play at Mill Creek on Saturday.)
- All divisions will play a traditional 54-hole format – ending the Sunday reset format we’ve tried for 2 years with flighted divisions. There are 15 divisions from Open up to 25 handicap.
- We will host our second final hole party Sunday at The Lake Club with special player offerings, music and a sponsor party. Our hosts again are Miller Lite, HBK, Kufleitner Chrysler Jeep Dodge and The Sports Grille at Cranberry.
- Pin prizes all 3 days and Sunday medalist prizes are planned.
- Gift certificates and trophies for the Sunday champions.
The 54-hole adult event is the signature event for Greatest Golfer. In its 13th season, Greatest will produce 21 live competitive golf events at 14 Valley golf courses. The competitions serve male and female golfers ages 12 to 80. More than 20 champions will be crowned.
Other highlights of the Greatest summer include:
- Greatest Day of Golf: This will be the third summer that Greatest, Trumbull Country Club, Caprice Health Centers and Phantom Fireworks team up to produce the Greatest Day of Golf — a sunrise-to-sunset charity golf sprint to raise funds for Boys and Girls Club of Youngstown.
- The Panera Juniors Long Drive/Par 3 Championship at Trumbull Country Club.
- The Morgan Stanley/Simon Roofing Adult Long Drive and Par 3 shootout at Tippecanoe Country Club.
Greatest’s combined community taps into 10,000-plus people in the Youngstown community and in sprinkles across Ohio and America. Golfers have traveled from Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Denver and California.
More than 30 sponsors market into this Greatest community. All information for Greatest lives on TheGreatestGolfer.com.
Greatest Week of Golf
Morgan Stanley Long Drive-Par 3 Championships
Wed., Aug 10, 6 p.m.
Tippecanoe Country Club
Farmers National 54-hole Greatest Golfer
singles stroke play tourney
- Fri., Aug., 12
The Sweeney First Swing hosted by Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC.
Mill Creek and Squaw Creek
8 am and 1 pm, first tee times for 2 90-minute waves.
- Sat., Aug., 13
Avalon Lakes, Youngstown, Tippecanoe, Trumbull country clubs
10:30 am, first tee time
- Sun., Aug., 14
Championship Sunday at The Lake Club. The best 93 golfers tee it up. Featuring our Last Hole Party at No. 9 hosted by Miller Lite, HBK, Kufleitner Chrysler Jeep Dodge and The Sports Grille at Cranberry.
9 am, first tee time